Draught Proofing Package
HRG Services provide a draught proofing package which follows our restoration work, we only use the best quality materials that are available and all work is finished to the highest of standards.
It is becoming more popular and important to keep your original windows, retaining the natural charm of your property, retaining its value and in some cases even adding to the value of your property.
Draught proofing is an approved method for conservation and listed buildings because unless you looked really closely, you would never even know it is there.
If you own a listed building, existing timber windows can normally be draught sealed and overhauled without requiring planning permission.
It is estimated that the gaps around an average single sash window can add up to the equivalent of 30cm square. These gaps let in cold air and keep you reaching for the thermostat, making you feel cold and costing you money on your heating bills.
If your windows are rattly and letting in cold air, our draught proofing service is designed to bring new life to any timber window and will dramatically improve energy efficiency at a fraction of the cost of replacement.
Draught proofing will help bring your sash windows into the 21st century without affecting the look and character of your property.
HRG Services will eliminate these gaps by removing, and replacing your sash window staff and parting beads with our brush pile system installed in them. We also apply our brush pile system to the centre mid-rails and the headers of the frame.
We will also correct any weight problems, tight or loose fitting sashes so after our works are completed your windows with opening and close with ease and be draught free.
Our draught proofing package includes:
- Removal and disposal of all old beading
- Temporary removal of sashes and weights from frame
- Installation of new pulleys in a finish to suit your property
- Paint runners only with two coats of white water based paint
- New long lasting ropes installed
- Re-weighting and alignment of sashes where possible
- Modify frame header to include new draught proof parting bead
- Re-hang sashes
- Install new draught proof parting and staff beads
- Install new centre lock, sash lifts and security barrel locks in a finish to suit your property
- Fill and caulk in new beading
- Ready for decoration
If you have a project or you would like more information then contact us and we can book in a ‘no obligation’ site survey to discuss your windows with you.