HRG Services Ltd provides a bespoke repair package for sash and casement windows throughout Dorset and the neighbouring counties of Hampshire and Wiltshire.
Tailored for each individual window, using our expertise we can restore your original timber windows back to sound wood, without the need to replace them, saving you money and preserving the history and look of your home.
We restore sash windows, casement windows and doors on listed buildings and on some conservation area buildings – where the local authority or client have requested be restored rather than replaced.
Our package includes the use of a specialist resin, favoured by English Heritage for the repair of period timber. It can also be moulded to different profiles, blending in seamlessly with the existing window and providing a permanent repair.
In addition we can remove decaying and rotten cills and replace them with new hardwood ones where needed
In most cases it is not required, but if necessary we can strip back all existing paint coatings back to bare timber ready to fully establish all rotten areas.
Our stripping equipment uses the latest technology by removing old paint layers using infrared heat. By using this system old glass can be protected as the infrared will not heat the surface of the glass but simply pass through it. Also due to the low temperatures work on lead based paints can be done safely.
Should a project not require stripping back then our experienced team will prepare the surrounding surface to the highest of standards ready for our resin systems to be applied. Our aim is to remove all rotten timbers back to a sound surface, preserving as much of the original woodwork as possible.
As well as removing rotten areas we can also include remove old rotten cills and install new ones and replace profiles and sash pockets where needed using our resin as well as scarfing in new timber sections where needed.
Our repair work is mainly carried out on the project site however if required your windows or doors will be removed and restored at our workshop. We advise our clients that restoring can be labour-intensive, particularly if the timber is in a state of disrepair. Sometimes having newly-made items can be a more cost-effective option but we will discuss this with you on-site as to the best way to proceed with your project.
HRG Services’s Repair Package includes:
- A site survey to evaluate the condition of your existing timber windows
- Removing of paint coatings around affected areas if needed using our specialist equipment to protect timber and original glass
- Remove all rotten timber back to sound wood
- Application of specialist wood hardeners
- Application of specialist resins for a permanent repairs, a product favoured by English Heritage
- Scarf in new timbers if needed with resin to joint edges
- Resins can be moulded to different shapes and profiles
- Replacement cills, profiles and pocket areas if needed
- Tidy working area with minimal disruption
- Windows restored by craftsmen ready for painting for restoration & painting or our other services
If you have a project or you would like more information then please contact us and we can book in a ‘no obligation’ site survey to discuss your windows with you on the site.